Saturday, March 14, 2009

Success Does Not Heal

Giraffe in hiding image

One of the greatest lies with regard to shame is that we will feel better if we can just be successful. All those demonic lies would be silenced by the power of great achievement. The story of Elijah tells a different story.

Sunday we discussed how the healing is found by walking with Jesus (notes attached). The problem is not that Jesus does not want to heal us. It is also not that He does not know how. The problem is we are afraid of what He is going to do. Will He make me come clean with my spouse? Will I need to quit my job to spend more time at home? Will He make me relive the pain in my past that I have tried so hard to forget?

What will God make you do? I don't know. I do know that Jesus weeps for you. He desires your healing and peace more than you do. He knows what is best for you. He created you for an exciting destiny and only He can lead you into it.

Photo courtesy of the NC Zoo.

No comments: