Tuesday, December 2, 2008

What is the Purpose of Having Kids?

father and daughter

I had high hopes for this week. Unfortuantely with Elizabeth taking up a fever, I decided to allow Allison keep her weekend by staying at home. Before I start receiving the medals of honor, I will say that Elizabeth slept pretty much all morning.

I had high hopes for this week because I felt the questions were good at setting right fundamentals for parenting. The Parenting Fundamentals' notes are online for others who missed the class. If the chief end of man is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever, and since children are a blessing from the Lord, then our kids have been given to us by God to help us glorify God and enjoy Him more. God has given us children to draw us to Himself.

This is actually a truth about everything that happens to you if you believe Romans 8:28, but the special nature of children are a calling and a present. They are an overflow of the love we possess for our spouse. They are a gift of healing and joy and cause greater levels of trust in God than you ever dreamed needed.

family capture

No comments: